Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Fun Packed Weekend in Texas!!

Last week Sarah & I went on a road trip from Dallas to San Antonio.

We made a stop in Austin to see my friend Jorge, who went to school with me for 1 year while I was at Mount St Mary's. 

We caught up over a few beers outside, before being taken to an awesome taco truck called Turf N Surf Po’ Boy. Just look at this crazy place!!!


Who would have thought such an interesting and unique place could create such fantastic food, I honestly had the best Shrimp Tacos of my life here!

 

It was great to be back in Austin after a fun trip with the Blokes back home a couple of summers ago, Austin really is an amazing place, I'd recommend it to anyone!!

Then we went to Schlitterbahn Waterpark Resort - Voted the World's Best Waterpark 10 Years in a Row! The main slide you can see here is called the Master Blaster - An Uphill Water Coaster


After a fun day in the water, we carried on South to San Antonio. I had be recommended to visit a Bar called La Tuna. 

This place had a great atmosphere. Live Music. Beer caps instead of rock pebbles on the ground. Cheap beers. A Diverse crowd. Beautiful oak trees. Great Burgers. Hot weather.


Then we went for an evening stroll at the Riverwalk. Wonderfully described here:

 'Millions of people visit the River Walk each year to enjoy this unusual urban sanctuary that winds along the San Antonio river in central San Antonio, one story below the bustling street level. The lush landscapes, quaint pathways, tinkling waterfalls, quiet pools, outdoor art and relaxing outdoor patios evoke the renowned public spaces of Europe.


And the final stop was at Six Flags Fiesta Texas!!  Doing all the roller-coasters was great fun, it had been years since my last visit to a theme park, so I really enjoyed the day.

Then back on the road for the drive home


Our Route - 300 Miles each way. Quite a Distance, but well worth it!!!

No comments: