Tuesday, August 23, 2011

San Diego, I still can't believe we live here!!


Immediately on arriving in San Diego I knew I would love this place, a hip downtown with lots of unique and original bars and restaurants, a climate which is considered the best in the world and lots of fun things to do.



 
We moved into a one bedroom apartment in downtown San Diego, on the top floor of this colorful building, directly above an Albertsons grocery store (like a Tesco) which is very convenient, and awesome on-site facilities, gym, pool, barbecue area with patio heaters and my favourite, the hot tub!!


Thanks to Craigslist and Thrift Stores, we got the place looking wonderful - This is our living room, looks nice and relaxing don't you think!


Knowing in advance about the move I was able to use my contacts to make some progress with the job search, and on just day 2 in San Diego I had my first interview with the newspaper here, the San Diego Union Tribune. 


A couple weeks later I was offered a position as Interactive Media Consultant, (selling advertising for it’s successful news site called Sign on San Diego, www.signonsandiego.com) Which I was delighted to accept, who said California was a difficult place to find a job?


I'm starting this week and very excited to be working for such a well known and respected company. Any sales advice would be appreciated...

No comments: