Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week 2 Update

 
Me outside my new home

Sat on the front porch in the sun
So here it is, just letting you know what I got up to during my second week in Texas.

You can see me here in the photo next to my new place, its in a nice neighborhood with lots of character located in East Dallas called Lakewood.

Im living with a guy called Brix, he's interesting and was looking for someone to come live in one of his spare rooms. It is the typical bachelor style set-up - great music system, lots of living space, outdoor BBQ and seating, and importantly a well stocked beer fridge!! Im doing a month-to-month deal here so being here should be a great base to explore Dallas more.

So I did some more exploring of the Dallas area, including visiting the site of JFKs shooting. You can see the X painted on the road which was the location of the shooting.

There is now a museum on the 6th floor of the building behind where the shots were fired, a friend of mine called Anne works there and i'm hoping for a personal tour later this week.

Just a short post this time, but now I'm more settled i'll try and do more regular updates.